Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) is an anti-inflammatory diet that is intended to alleviate the inflammation, pain, and other symptoms associated with autoimmune disorders such as lupus, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), celiac disease, and rheumatoid arthritis, among others ( 1 ).
- 1 What can you eat on the AIP diet?
- 2 What foods can you not eat on the AIP diet?
- 3 What’s the difference between paleo and AIP?
- 4 Are bananas OK on AIP diet?
- 5 What do you eat for breakfast on AIP?
- 6 Are eggs OK on AIP diet?
- 7 What foods cause inflammation?
- 8 Is broccoli AIP friendly?
- 9 Is coffee allowed on AIP diet?
- 10 Is AIP the same as whole 30?
- 11 Can you drink tea on AIP?
- 12 Can you eat nuts on paleo diet?
- 13 Is Honey allowed on AIP?
- 14 Are almonds AIP?
- 15 Is almond milk AIP friendly?
What can you eat on the AIP diet?
The AIP diet permits you to consume the following foods:
- Foods that are high in protein include meat (ideally grass-fed) and fish. Vegetables, with the exception of nightshade vegetables, include sweet potatoes. Fruit is consumed in limited quantities. A variety of dairy-free fermented foods (such as kombucha, sauerkraut, coconut milk kefir, and kimchi) are available. Coconut milk
- olive oil
- and coconut oil
What foods can you not eat on the AIP diet?
You should avoid the following foods if you are following the AIP diet:
- Nuts and seeds
- Vegetable oils
- Beans and legumes
- Artificial sweeteners such as stevia and xylitol
- Other ingredients Dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese. Fruit that has been dried or preserved in a can. Tapioca.
What’s the difference between paleo and AIP?
In a nutshell, the Paleo diet is based on the foods that are thought to have been ingested by the earliest humans. Whole 30 is a diet that emphasizes “whole,” unprocessed, and unrefined foods. The AIP diet is a therapeutic diet that is designed to aid in the repair of the stomach and the calming of auto-immune diseases.
Are bananas OK on AIP diet?
Apples, apricots, and bananas are examples of fruits that are AIP approved.
What do you eat for breakfast on AIP?
Recipes for Paleo Breakfast Sausage
- The AIP Chicken and Tarragon Breakfast Sausages. – Healing Autoimmune.
- The AIP Chicken Apple Sausage. – Paleo Flourish.
- The AIP Coconut Cassava Pancakes. – Healing Autoimmune.
- The AIP Waffles Recipe. – Healing Autoimmune.
- The AIP Pumpkin Spice Waffles.
- The AIP Chocolate Waffles.
- The AIP Tigernut Granola.
Are eggs OK on AIP diet?
Foods to stay away from on the AIP diet You might be wondering why items that are generally included in a paleo diet, like as eggs, nightshades, and nuts, are excluded from an AIP diet. Here’s what you should know.
What foods cause inflammation?
Foods that are known to trigger inflammation
- Refined carbs, such as white bread and pastries
- fried meals, such as French fries and other fried foods
- soda and other sugar-sweetened drinks
- red meat (burgers, steaks, sausage)
- margarine, shortening, and lard
- and sugar.
Is broccoli AIP friendly?
Foods that are permissible on the AIP diet: When you follow the AIP diet, you are removing a large number of food sources. As a result, it’s critical to consume meals that are high in nutrients, such as a range of fresh vegetables, wild-caught seafood, fermented foods, organ meats, and bone broth. Cruciferous vegetables are vegetables that contain a crucifer (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, etc.)
Is coffee allowed on AIP diet?
The AIP diet excludes all grains, dairy products, eggs, legumes (such as beans and peanuts), nightshade vegetables (such as potatoes and eggplant), sugar, and processed foods from one’s eating regimen. Coffee and alcoholic beverages are also prohibited (sorry). It’s essentially a more restrictive form of the Paleo diet, as it forbids the use of ghee, seeds, and nuts.
Is AIP the same as whole 30?
These diets are all extremely similar in that they emphasize the consumption of entire foods. However, there are some significant variances. AIP and Whole30 are both short-term, elimination diets that include a reintroduction period after the initial phase of elimination. There are some items that are OK to consume during Whole30 but are not allowed during AIP — for example, nightshades and coffee.
Can you drink tea on AIP?
Caffeinated teas (such as green tea, black tea, and Oolong tea) are included on the list of AIP recommended liquids, but there is a caveat: you should consume them in moderation since the caffeine in tea may activate the immune system.
Can you eat nuts on paleo diet?
Meat, fish, eggs, seeds, nuts, fruits, and vegetables, as well as healthy fats and oils, are all considered Paleo-friendly foods, as are healthy fats and oils. Processed foods, wheat, and sugar should be avoided. Paleo foods may also be the foundation of your diet, with current healthy items such as grass-fed butter and gluten-free cereals thrown in for good measure.
Is Honey allowed on AIP?
The AIP diet allows for the use of natural sugars in moderation. Molasses, maple syrup, and honey are examples of natural sugars that do not promote inflammation when consumed in moderation or in small amounts.
Are almonds AIP?
Almonds, like other nuts and seeds, are prohibited from consumption while on the autoimmune protocol; however, they may be reintroduced and ingested after a period of time if they are tolerated well.
Is almond milk AIP friendly?
Almond milk, oat milk, and soymilk yogurts are not approved for use on the AIP diet.